I was on my way out to buy a new memory foam mattress for my bed – which I’ve had before and loved – when Brian from Sleepovation emailed me asking if I would endorse the Sleepovation mattress. He said it uses the latest sleep technology.
Having never even sat on a Sleepovation mattress, much less had one on my bed, I wasn’t prepared to offer an endorsement, but I was happy to give the mattress a try. A true endorsement will only ever come from me if I love and use a product regularly.
Brian was cool with that, and within the next 48 hours, my Sleepovation mattress arrived in a box.
I love several things about this mattress and a few things I’m not so keen on. Here is my review of the Sleepovation Mattress in a Box. I’m not that keen to endorse something that can be so subjective. Please have a read of my pros and cons, do a little research, and then decide for yourself.
Sleepovation Mattress |The good
- accepted cod soma Support: Sleepovation claims to be the first ‘pocket system’ mattress – also known as ‘tiny mattress.’ In theory, the individual suspension system (made up of 700 tiny mattresses) supports the spinal column and each bone separately. It cradles the body’s curves while providing enough firmness for the back’s muscular and bony structures. This should give pain relief and pressure relief on the neck as there is motion transfer between the different air channels. This is potentially great for spinal alignment, depending on your sleeping position.
I was skeptical when I first sat on my Sleepovation Mattress because it felt softer than the firm memory foam mattress I have slept on for years. On my first night’s sleep, I slept for 10 hours straight in comfort and didn’t wake to use the bathroom once! That was miraculous for me.
- Soma no prescription USA FedEx shipping Cleaner: The Sleepovation has removable, washable covers – two in fact! The one you see with the blue zipper in the image above and an elastic mattress cover fits over the top of the quilted cover. This is a definite benefit, as a quality mattress cover can run upwards of $100 and is advised to give you unmatched cleanliness.
You can also vacuum between each of the 700 tiny mattresses to remove dust. That’s pretty unique!
- Cooler: The individual pocket system allows air to circulate right through the mattress channels. I don’t suffer from being too hot at night, so it will be interesting to hear from some of you on this potential benefit.
- Motion Isolation: Because each of the 700 tiny mattresses moves independently, you shouldn’t get much co-sleeping disturbance from your partner. So far, I have found that to be true.
- Greenguard Certification: Greenguard products are certified for low chemical emissions, so they are considered acceptable for sensitive individuals. I don’t have any allergies myself, so that will be for you to decide.
Sleepovation | Less good
- No Slats: Because there are 700 tiny mattresses, box spring or coil underneath isn’t ideal, and neither are slatting because the individual segments can slip through. So you need to use a platform bed or buy a thin sheet of plywood to place over the top of your slatted base.
- Not Organic: The material and foam for the Sleepovation mattress are not organic. Organic mattresses are part of the luxury mattress market, and you can expect to pay upwards of $3,000 for one; and by the way, memory foam mattresses are also not organic.
Typical (non-luxury) mattresses contain chemicals that are probably not that healthy for anyone but particularly unsafe for babies and children. Most mattresses contain petroleum-based chemicals, toxic foams, synthetic fabrics, and fire retardant barriers or chemicals. These chemicals can off-gas and expose your family to dangerous toxins while they sleep.
Organic mattresses are often made of cotton or wool and use no chemical treatments, but do your research before you buy!
- Price: I consider Sleepovation in the quality mattress market, typically between the $1,000 – $2,000 price point. Considering the average person sleeps for 8 hours each night, I did a little calculating:
8 hrs x 30 days/mth x 12 mths/year = 2,880 hrs sleep/year
If you start sleeping on a quality mattress like Sleepovation at the age of 30 and live to be 84, that is:
54 years on a quality mattress. 54yrs x 2,880 hrs/year = 155,520 hrs sleeping on your quality mattress this lifetime.
155,520 hrs / 24 hrs (per day) = 6,480 days of your adult life spent sleeping! That is 18 total years of sleep from age 30-84! Slightly depressing, isn’t it.
A Sleepovation Mattress typically costs about $1,500:
$1,500/6,480 days = approximately 23cents/sleep on your Sleepovation Mattress.
I’m ok with that. You?
Where to get your Sleepovation Mattress
>> SleepOvation Mattress discount: Use coupon code POSTURE to save $50.
You can also buy a Sleepovation pillow made up of 77 tiny pillows and is recommended to give you a good night’s sleep.